Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oprah during business hours

This afternoon I was able to sneak out of the office and "work from home". I am doing some R&D for a product of ours that involves testing the care instructions. What better way to make sure that a sheet can really be washed in warm than by washing it my own machine? I should have thrown in some poopy baby clothes to make the test really authentic.

As I am sitting on the couch working away (thank the lord for wireless internet) the TV starts to beckon - LOUDLY. I look at my watch...hmmm 4 o'clock, isn't that when Oprah is on? Holy cow I can watch Oprah! I excitedly turn the TV on thinking that I can easily work while an episode of America's favorite daytime show plays quietly in the background. The preview starts to play, I hear her voice, then WHAMO! it's a rerun. I saw this episode during the winter while I was home on maternity leave. How can that be? The one time I can actually watch the show it's a freakin rerun?

So here I sit, no TV on, just the sound of the rain and the neighbors' kids playing outside while I work - quite productively I might add.

1 comment:

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Oh, I hate when that happens! You can finally watch a show you've been meaning to catch a new one of, and it's a rerun! Ugh!

Thanks for the comment on our TT post... offend? Are you kidding me? Adam is going to be thrilled that someone noticed his abs!! :)

You know what? 15 years later and he still looks like that! Men!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls