Monday, July 16, 2007

They should bottle this stuff

Yesterday we took Lucas out for his maiden voyage - a trip aboard our family's pontoon boat. He was very willing to let us put on his straitjacket, I mean life jacket. His cheeks were pushed up so high that I still don't know how he was able to see. That kid has some cheeks! He sat on my lap at the table and banged away happily (his new favorite pastime). If I weren't such a horrible mother who constantly forgets the camera I would post some pictures for a nice visual.

We headed out of our bay at a nice slow pace and Lucas' banging started to slow down. His eyes glossed over and he stared at his grandmother as if she wasn't even there. I sat back and let him collapse like a lump of clay into my arms. At last, my baby boy was actually cuddling with me! He lay in my arms with his eyes half mast for the next several minutes, in a complete trance. Eventually he fell asleep and didn't budge until we were back on the dock and taking off his life jacket.

It may take the rocking of a boat and the fumes of an engine but damn it, that boy will still cuddle with his mama! Do you think it will work for years to come?

No comments: